Tuesday, 20 July 2010

Box bag tutorial link and Applique tshirts



I've been scouring the internet to try and find the best box bag tutorial.This one was both well written and had great photos which helped explain everything.



I then decided to have a play around with the dimensions.



Heres a peak at the lining:



Just the right size for storing fat quarters!

Keen to address the balance between makes for both my children, I made these tshirts at the weekend for my son, and ofcourse I had to make sure it matched the shorts I made him a few weeks ago.





It was boden that inspired me. They have such beautiful clothes but the prices are so inflated I really cannot justify spending so much on a tshirt. I got the plain white tshirts from Primark at just £1.50 for two and decided to raid my scrap tin to make the applique.

Thats all for now
x

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful t-shirts for your handsome boy, they are really unique.
    Those boxy pouches have turned out really well too, I love the birdie fabric you have used.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful things as always. I especially like the chimp applique. My daughter would love that. Excellent idea about embellishing the cheap t-shirts from Primark (must learn to sew, must learn to sew......).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Loo , I see you are from my home town of Bath, and there I was thinking my family were spying on me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for linking to my tutorial...I LOVE your pouches:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, the box bag for storing fat quarters is lovely and the T-shirts look wonderful - great work!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think: