This year I have made a list of all those little things I wanted to make that I didn't get around to making last year, so I can strike these two off my list. The last time I did embroidery I think I was 8 years old and I know my eyesight was a lot better. (that makes me sound old!) I forgot how precise you need to be with your stitches , one wrong stitch and you have to start all over again. Here is a close up:
The pattern is ofcourse by the very talented Aneela Hooey
I really enjoyed the process and I would love to tackle the ABC sampler that I saw so much last year. It looks like the perfect project to make whilst watching the t.v.
Another little project I have finally completed is this lovely little lamb, taken from the book I love patchwork.
If you are in the U.K and would like to either have a go at making this lamb, or use the fleece for another project I have about a yard of sherpa fleece left which I am happy to sell for £10 (postage included) so please leave me a message on this post if you are interested.
Love the embroidery and the lovely lamb.
ReplyDeleteYou need a magnifying lamp like I have, being a poor old dear! xxx
I prefer the same, specially when Christmas season is arriving, well it is one of my best way to get rid boredom at all, I'm not that good with embroidery but somehow I still can make some of course with a pattern, back with your work I love how it is being made, the color mixture, details and the fashion you've exert, well done.
ReplyDelete